Welcome to the Transportation Department of Avon Lake City Schools!
Avon Lake City School District only transports students in grades Kdg through 8th grade - (No High School Busing available)
JVS bussing is available for Avon Lake students only, with a pick-up and drop-off at two locations: North side Commons of Avon Lake High School and Town Center Shopping Center by the BMV. Stop Times will be posted on this website under the AM & PM Routes on or about August 16th.
It is the goal of the Transportation Department to safely transport your student(s) to and from school. The State of Ohio has Administrative Codes in place that we have to follow. We have put these codes into the Bus Safety Rules form that every parent has to sign when registering your student on-line for school. Please take a moment and look these rules over as they are important for you and your student(s) to follow.
I have also put a list of Questions and Answers together. These are common questions that we receive in our department. Click here (Q & A link) to review some of these questions. If you do not see your question listed here, please feel free to contact the bus garage directly at 440-933-9802 or e-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the Avon Lake City Schools goal to return to normal for the 2021/2022 school year. Walk Zones will return to Pre-Covid. Students will be seated two to a seat.
A couple of weeks before school starts, the AM & PM bus routes will be located at the bottom of the Transportation Page. They are not updated on a regular basis, so please be prepared for the scheduled stop time to possibly be off by 5-10 minutes either way. We are constantly adding new students to the buses and the routes may be adjusted accordingly.
Please be sure to keep your phone numbers and e-mails up-to-date with your student(s) school or the Districts Registrar. In the event of an emergency or a bus breakdown or accident, the quickest way for us to reach out to you is to put out an e-mail explaining why your student(s) bus may be running late.
Lastly, I will be taking the summer to get the bus routes together and appreciate everyone’s patience that first week of school as drivers and students are getting settled into their routines. Remember, it is very common for buses to be running late the first week of school, especially in the afternoon. The buses are always delayed leaving the schools as they are making sure that all students have gotten on the correct buses, learning each student(s) name and assigning seats. I hope that this information has been helpful and has answered many of the questions that we do receive here at the bus garage.
Sue M. Cole
Sue Cole, Transportation Director
Charlene Cardamone, Transportation Center Assistant
Transportation Phone: 440 933-9802
Avon Lake City Schools
33480 Pin Oak Parkway
Avon Lake, Ohio 44012
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS:
- AM Bus Routes - Eastview, Erieview, Learwood, Redwood, St. Raphael, Troy - St. Joes, Westview & Misc
- PM Bus Routes - Eastview, Erieview, Learwood, Redwood, St. Raphael, Troy - St. Joes, Westview & Misc
- LEAPS & Midday Kindergarten AM & PM Bus Routes
- Commercial Day Care List
- Transportation Request Form - This form is only required if student needs a bus stop location other than home: ex. Shared Parenting, Day Care.
- The bus runs may be updated, so continue to check the website for updates to your student's bus route.
- All stops and times are subject to change.
- Please have students at their bus stop on their resident side of the street, in the "Driver's Designated Place of Safety" 5 minutes prior to scheduled bus stop time of arrival.
- Students must follow all Bus Safety Rules to maintain riding privileges.
- Remember, buses could be running late the first few days of schools.
- The Drivers will do their best to keep to the scheduled bus route.