News - Important Coronavirus Update
March 23, 2020
Dear Parents/Guardians, Students, and Staff:
We hope you and your family are doing well as we continue to navigate this COVID-19 (coronavirus) crisis.
You may have already read the reports that as of today, five Avon Lake residents have tested positive for COVID-19. We have also been informed that an employee of the Avon Lake City School District, as well as the spouse of a district employee, have tested positive for COVID-19. Everyone who was considered a person that may have been exposed to the individuals from our school district has been contacted directly by the Lorain County Public Health Department.
According to the Lorain County Public Health Department, this virus is moving through the county through “community spread.” Please refer to the websites at the end of this message for the most up-to-date information on the coronavirus, and help slow the spread of COVID-19 by taking the following precautions:
• Stay 6 feet away from others
• Avoid large gatherings
• Stay home when you are sick
• Wash your hands with soap and water; use hand sanitizer if not available
• Cover your mouth and nose with your sleeve or tissue when you sneeze or cough
• Avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes with unwashed hands
• Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals to ensure a healthy immune system
• Offer to help a neighbor in need, even if it is just a phone call
For more information regarding COVID-19, please visit these Websites. You may also call the Lorain County Public Health Department at (440) 322-6367.
Thank you for your continued support of our schools during this challenging time in our world.
Bob Scott, Superintendent
Avon Lake City Schools