News - ALHS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
November 12, 2018
• PLG Meeting in the Fish bowl for Tuesday 11/13 @ 3PM.
• 2017-2018 yearbooks are in. Please see Mrs. Rudkin to get your yearbook before or after school if you ordered one.
• Parking Passes are available for pick up in the main office. You must have a parking pass in order to park on school property.
• 2018-2019 Yearbooks can be ordered now online at Jostens.com
• Volunteer Opportunity – POLAR EXPRESS
November 3, 10, 17, 24 and December 1, 11 am, 2325 Stine Road, Peninsula
Any students who are interested should complete the CVSR volunteer agreement at http://crew.cvsr.com/vol_application.php and can contact me directly at 234-759-0091. We’ll follow up with all the details. BE A PART OF THE MAGIC THAT IS THE POLAR EXPRESS™NOVEMBER 10 THROUGH DECEMBER 21
- Attention Senior Parents! ALHS will be hosting a Financial Aid Night on Thursday, November 15th @ 6:00pm in the PAC. Mrs. Carolyn McCluskey, Assistant Director of Financial Aid at Baldwin Wallace University, will be presenting. Make sure to mark your calendar!
- Hey, C/O '19 and families! Check out the "New" Graduation Information link under the Parents and Students tab on the High School web page. It will be your "go to" for all things Class of '19!
• SENIORS BABY PICTURES Due to Mrs. Rudkin asap, ether digitally (NO PDF) to her email email@example.com or I can scan a hard copy and return by DECEMBER 1
• SENIOR PICTURES: seniors can only use the picture from Prestige either the beginning of the year from Prestige or if they don’t like that then they can schedule a free appointment to Prestige to redo their photo. ALL DUE DEC 1 NO OTHER PHOTOGRAPHERS ARE ACCEPTED!
Clubs & Organizations
• Did you know that ALHS has a Math Team?? They are a top seed in their Math Madness bracket for this fall – a national online single elimination math tournament. They are ranked 75th in the country out of 360 math teams. The team begins this week with opening r ound matchup against the 16th seed, Indiana Area HS in Indiana, PA. There are six rounds in the tournament – they will play a match each week (except Thanksgiving week) up through the second week in December, which is the finals round.
2020 Europe Trip Meeting:
Would you like to eat some tapas on the beach in Barcelona? Or, maybe shop for perfume in Nice and enjoy the views of Paris from atop the Eiffel Tower? How about ALL 3 ACTIVITIES and many more… There is a wonderful trip being offered that travels to Spain, France and Monaco in Summer 2020 for 10 days. If it sounds interesting to you OR if you’re already a registered participant…PLEASE come to an important meeting on WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2018 at 6:30 pm in room 231. See Mrs. Gemelas in room 231 if you have any questions or would like more details. I will give an overview of the trip, answer all questions and start planning with you for our wonderful adventure.
• Attention anyone interested in Ski Club this year. We take you skiing 5 Saturdays starting Jan. and you can ski all season for FREE plus get free passes for friends!!! You can pick up registration cards in either office and from Mrs. Rudkin rm 244. Registrations are due by November 16th. You can go to www.bmbw.com/club-program to register. The Login: avonlake Password: wish4snow Advisor: Modock/Lynch Any questions see Mrs. Rudkin she is high school rep and chaperone.