News - Make A Difference
Hello Redwood Parents! We are actively recruiting parent volunteers to help with activities and events for the 2022-2023 school year! We have learned a lot over the past two years and have made many simplification improvements to make it easier for more parents to help in a variety of ways. We recognize your time is valuable and have moved to a team based/committee model. Everything is always better when you work together with others!
Here are a few opportunities that are easy and have a low time commitment:
- Birthday Book Club
- Book Fair
- Night of Lights
- Reading Challenge
- Room Parent Liaison
We also have a few other remaining positions that have been simplified and provide a great way to give back to the school. The great news is that we have current parents that can have done the work so a new volunteer can simply follow the plan that is in place, or add their own creative spin. Even though it is a “lead role”, you are still working together as a team. These opportunities include:
- President/Vice President
- These roles have been rebooted to be a lower ask on time and is more of a liaison between the committees and Mrs. Weber.
- A great way to do this is with a friend and having to Co-Leads or President/Vice President and it is a fun way to work together. Great for a couple to work together too!
- Estimated time about 5 hours per month.
- Low learning curve and “training” provided.
- Opportunities to be creative to make the role(s) work for you.
- Current President has offered to be contacted at any time with questions!
- Basic Level understanding of the budget and balancing with bank statements
- Basic understanding / use spreadsheet
- Estimated 2-3 hours per month
If anyone is interested in volunteering or you would like to learn more, please call/text Jenefer Machovina (216) 272-0291
Help us continue to make Redwood an engaging fun experience for all our children.
Avon Lake City School District would like to continue connecting with you via email. If you prefer to be removed from our list, please contact Avon Lake City School District directly. To stop receiving all email messages distributed through our SchoolMessenger service, follow this link and confirm: Unsubscribe
SchoolMessenger is a notification service used by the nation's leading school systems to connect with parents, students and staff through voice, SMS text, email, and social media.