Troy News - Schedule Pick-Up Information
Welcome back parents and students of Troy,
Schedule pick-up is an exciting and sometimes anxiety-filled evening. Kids and parents are anxious to find out which team of teachers that they will be on and if any of their friends are in their classes. The process we use to hand place each and every student is time-consuming, robust, and factors in multiple variables. We do our best to look at each and every placement with a kind and careful eye. While this process is not perfect, I ask that you respect our decision. Math 5+ and ELA 5+ class placements use multiple data points to determine eligibility. No request to be moved into a plus class will be honored at the start of the year. Last year, we moved several students throughout the year when they showed the ability and aptitude to handle a more rigorous level. If you have a question about your child's placement, please direct all questions to me and not the teacher at this time.
Schedule Pick-Up Details:
1) Parking is tight and lines will be long. We ask that 5th grade arrive starting at 5:00 and 6th grade at 6:00. If you have a child in both grades, look to arrive at 5:45.
2) You must have paid your school fees for the 2019-2020 school year to pick up your schedule. Both grades are $55.00. You may pay online or with a check when you arrive.
3) PTA will be providing an ice cream or popsicle treat for all Troy students. PTA membership information will also be available.
4) Students will NOT be able to walk their schedule on Pick-Up Night. Students may drop off materials in their lockers and walk their schedule on Tuesday August 20th between 4:00-5:30.
5) If you cannot make the pick-up night, schedules will be available in the office starting Thursday August 15th between 8:00-2:30.
6) PowerSchool will become open and active the week that school starts if you cannot show up to pick-up your schedule or are unable to pay your fees.
7) If you need assistance in paying your fees, please contact the district office to apply for assistance.
8) If you purchased the PTA School Supply Kits, they will be available for pick-up when you get your schedule.
9) If your child has an IEP, the intervention specialists will be available to meet and work through your child's schedule during Schedule Pick-Up Night.
I am looking forward to a great year and it starts with Wednesday August 14th at 5:00.