Welcome to the Transportation Department of Avon Lake City Schools!
Avon Lake City School District only transports students in grades Kdg through 8th grade - (No High School Bussing available)
The LEAPS Bus Routes will be posted sometime the week of August 19th.
The AM Bus Routes are posted below.
The PM Bus Routes are posted below.
Buses transport to and from all of the commercial daycare centers in Avon Lake for all of the Elementary schools and Troy school. Elementary students must have the same bus stop all 5 days for either AM or PM buses. Ex; students can be bused from home in the PM (all 5 days) and to the daycare in the PM (all 5 days) or vice versa but they CANNOT be bused to the daycare 3 days and home the other 2 days for AM and/or PM.
State Law mandates that bus stops can be up to ½ mile from the students home but we try to accommodate stops to be at the nearest corner to your residence. Buses do not go into cul-de-sacs. Driver’s do NOT have to see a parent at the stop for PM routes, grades 1-6 (except for KDG) unless a parent specifically tells the driver otherwise.
State Law also requires students to be at the bus stop (at their “Place of Safety”, which is determined by the bus driver) 5 minutes prior to the scheduled stop time. These times may be subject to change within the first couple of weeks of school but we will communicate these times changes by written communication from the bus driver if your route will be affected. If you are new to the district or perhaps made a move within the district, be sure to contact the Registrar and/or your student(s) school with any changes. We are receiving additions/changes/deletions on a daily basis which does affect the routing and times, so be sure to check back to the schools website for the most current copy of routing with those times.
We look forward to getting the new school year underway and appreciate everyone’s patience the first week of school as drivers and students are getting settled into their routines. It is very common for buses to be running late the first week of school, especially in the afternoon. The buses are always delayed leaving the schools as they are making sure that all students have gotten on the correct buses, learning students names and assigning seats. I hope that this information has been helpful and has answered many of the questions that we do receive here at the bus garage.
Sue M. Cole
Sue Cole, Transportation Director
Charlene Cardamone, Transportation Center Assistant
Transportation Phone: 440 933-9802
Avon Lake City Schools
33480 Pin Oak Parkway
Avon Lake, Ohio 44012
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS:
- AM Bus Routes
- PM Bus Routes
- Transportation Request Form - This form is only required if student needs a bus stop location other than home: ex. Shared Parenting, Day Care or is new to District.
- The bus runs may be updated, so continue to check the website for updates to your student's bus route.
- All stops and times are subject to change.
- Please have students at their bus stop on their resident side of the street, in the "Driver's Designated Place of Safety" five minutes prior to scheduled bus stop time of arrival.
- A parent of one of the students should be present at all bus stops, both for pick up and drop off.
- Students must follow all Bus Safety Rules to maintain riding privileges.
- Remember, buses could be running late the first few days of schools.
- The Drivers will do their best to keep to the scheduled bus route.